BS IN NURSING
Nursing: Want to know more?
Riverside College has been synonymous with BS in Nursing since time immemorial. In Negros Occidental, when others ask where you go to college, and you answer, “Riverside College”, they usually ask, “What is your course, Nursing?”
It may sound funny but there’s a history to that! Riverside College started with the Bachelor of Science in Nursing together with Midwifery. Although the latter is non-existent today, the Bachelor of Science in Nursing at Riverside College continues to be the best nursing school in the entire island if one wants to become a professional nurse.
Bachelor of Science in nursing is a 4-year course that provides intensive training in and out of the classroom for students to acquire expertise in clinical judgment, health promotion, and effective nursing care.
At Riverside College, we bring together science, humanities, and technology to enable our students to address current and emerging health issues. Moreover, the program provides an intensive nursing practicum with different affiliated hospitals that will equip the students to become Registered Nurses.
OUR FUTURE AIMS
We want to bring out the best in our students and be job-ready after they pass the board exam. Here are our goals by the end of the 4-year course:
- Become global leaders and professionals in the nursing profession
- Ace the Nursing Licensure Examination
- Immerse in real-life activities through a safe and nurturing environment in our complete and modern hospital simulation laboratory and technology-savvy learning approach
- Exhibit holistic care to individuals, families, population groups, and communities utilizing the nursing process through our different internship areas
- Acquire critical thinking and problem-solving skills, leadership, and effective communication and lifelong learning competencies
Take on the future
Our course ensures that our students are not only job-ready but also board exam-ready through our Board Enhancement Program, which is evident with our 83 Board Placers since 1977. Moreover, our students can excel in different fields of Nursing such as in clinics and hospitals, community health, research, and the academe.
Is there anything in it for me?
Click the link to know more about our course outline.