BS IN NURSING
Riverside College has been synonymous with BS in Nursing since time immemorial. In Negros Occidental, when others ask where you go to college, and you answer, “Riverside College”, they usually ask, “What is your course, Nursing?”
It may sound funny but there’s a history to that! Riverside College started with the Bachelor of Science in Nursing together with Midwifery. Although the latter is non-existent today, the Bachelor of Science in Nursing at Riverside College continues to be the best nursing school in the entire island if one wants to become a professional nurse.
Interested to know more about BS in Nursing?
Bachelor of Science in nursing is a 4-year course that provides intensive training in and out of the classroom for students to acquire expertise in clinical judgment, health promotion, and effective nursing care.
At Riverside College, we bring together science, humanities, and technology to enable our students to address current and emerging health issues. Moreover, the program provides an intensive nursing practicum with different affiliated hospitals that will equip the students to become Registered Nurses.
Our Future Aims
We want to bring out the best in our students and be job-ready after they pass the board exam. Here are our goals by the end of the 4-year course:
- Become global leaders and professionals in the nursing profession
- Ace the Nursing Licensure Examination
- Immerse in real-life activities through a safe and nurturing environment in our complete and modern hospital simulation laboratory and technology-savvy learning approach
- Exhibit holistic care to individuals, families, population groups, and communities utilizing the nursing process through our different internship areas
- Acquire critical thinking and problem-solving skills, leadership, and effective communication and lifelong learning competencies
Take on the future!
Our course ensures that our students are not only job-ready but also board exam-ready through our Board Enhancement Program, which is evident with our 83 Board Placers since 1977. Moreover, our students can excel in different fields of Nursing such as in clinics and hospitals, community health, research, and the academe.
Is there anything in it for me?
Click the link below to know more about our course outline.
There’s only one way to look at it
Our BS Nursing equips our students with leadership and communication skills to be part of or lead medical teams anywhere in the world through our nurturing environment and technology-savvy approach.
To learn more about BS Nursing here in Riverside College, watch our videos below to be inspired and know more about becoming a Nurse.
Be one of us! Enroll now at Riverside College!