The degree shall be a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN). To ensure the quality of the nursing graduate, the degree is conferred upon completion of at least four-year BSN program offered by the college duly recognized by the Commission on Higher Education. The BSN degree is equivalent to Level 6 of the Philippine Qualifications Framework.
BSN is a four-year program consisting of general education and professional courses. Professional courses are threaded through from the first year thru the fourth year with an emphasis on the nursing concepts with corresponding Related Learning Experiences (RLE). The BSN program provides an intensive nursing practicum that will refine further the nursing competencies to ensure the achievement of the BSN program outcomes required of an entry-level nurse
1. Apply knowledge of physical, social, natural, health sciences, and humanities in the practice of nursing.
2. Provide safe, appropriate, and holistic care to individuals, families, population groups, and communities utilizing the nursing process.
3. Apply guidelines and principles of evidence-based practice in the delivery of care.
4. Practice nursing in accordance with existing laws, legal, ethical and moral principles.
5. Communicate effectively in speaking, writing, and presenting using culturally-appropriate language.
6. Document to include reporting up-to-date client care accurately and comprehensively.
7. Work effectively in collaboration with inter-, intra-, multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams.
8. Practice beginning management and leadership skills in the delivery of client care using a systems approach.
9. Conduct research with an experienced researcher.
10. Engage in lifelong learning with a passion to keep current with national and global developments in general,
and nursing and health development.
11. Demonstrate responsible citizenship and pride in being a Filipino.
12. Apply techno-intelligent care systems and processes in health care delivery.
13. Adopt the nursing core values in the practice of the profession.
14. Apply entrepreneurial skills in the delivery of nursing care.
Take on the future
Our graduates are board exam and technology ready, they are leaders of health care teams in hospitals, community health agencies, long-term care facilities and a variety of other settings anywhere in the world.
Click on the link to view the curriculum of the program.