Bachelor of Science in Radiologic Technology
This is a four-year course leading to the degree of Bachelor of Science in Radiologic Technology. The program is designed to prepare students for employment as radiographers, nuclear medicine technologists, or radiation therapy technologists in hospitals, medical offices, cancer centers, community health agencies or industrial facilities where radiation is used for quality control.
The goal of Radiologic Technology education is to provide the country with dynamic, competent, socially conscious, and ethical Radiologic Technologists concerned with the application of state-of-the-art scientific techniques in medical imaging and therapy.
By the end of the four-year course, the students are expected to have:
1. Acquired and developed the knowledge of the various physical principles involved in diagnostic imaging
and therapeutic applications.
2. Developed awareness of the risks involved in the application of various radiant energies (e.g. x-rays) to
human diagnostic, therapeutic or research purposes and ways of minimizing such risks.
3. Developed the skills of proper positioning of patients in the different procedures called for in any particular
employing appropriate exposure to factors to achieve desired results.
4. Acquired and developed knowledge, attitudes, values and skills necessary to contribute to the overall
social, mental, physical health of the community and country.
5. Respond to the technological advancement in the field of Radiologic Sciences thru research and
continuing professional development.
Take on the future
Graduates are ready to use latest technologies in Radiology to become 21st century leaders who have competencies to communicate in a complex and technology-driven medical profession. They are ready to take the board exam and become Licensed Professionals in the Philippines and abroad.